To secure a confirmed booking, valid credit card details are required as security for the accommodation charges. This secures the room for the period of your intended stay and guarantees your room upon arrival. If you wish to stay beyond the period of your original booking we request that you advise us as soon as you are aware so that we may extend both the booking and your occupancy of your original room.
In the event of confirmed cancellation prior to one calendar month before your arrival date we will endeavour to relet the room, which is usually possible, and in that case no charges will apply.
Cancellations within 10 days of arrival will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee and we will endeavour to relet the room. Should we be unable to relet the room then you may be charged a fee equivalent to the accommodation charges for the period of the booking. This policy is applied to cover the distinct possibility of our inability to relet the room at that late stage, considering that the vast majority of guests book in excess of 4 weeks out from there stay.
In the event of a failure to show on the booked date you will be charged a fee equivalent to the accommodation charges for the period of booking.
Reasons for policy
While we always regret the necessity to impose charges upon guests who do not use the accommodation, we have found it necessary to make these charges in the certain circumstances set out above in the hope that it will encourage guests to assist us in advising of any travel changes at an early time to allow us to relet the room with minimal loss.
We believe that our cancellation policy is more generous than most particularly in our offer of accommodation date movement and minimal cancellation fees. We have found that our previously more relaxed policy was starting to cost us a great deal of income, particularly during peak periods, which we could not continue to sustain as a small family-run business. We are more than happy to transfer your dates to other times more suitable and have no interest in taking advantage of difficult circumstances. We will always work with our valued guests to be part of the solution and hope that, by being clearer with our expectations around bookings, we can minimise confusion and share responsibility for ensuring a seamless transaction towards your Recharging, Reconnecting and Renewing!
Thank you for taking the time ro read this very ‘dry’, but essential information….
Information and conditions for guests and prospective guests
**By booking with Alaya Escape, you are accepting the terms and conditions for entry.**
- Book directly on line through this website and save yourself up to 20%
- Check in time is from 2 pm, check out time 10.00 am. We are generally flexible with these times depending on arrivals and cleaning requirements. Feel free to ask.
- All stays include a large complimentary continental breakfast hamper of bacon, eggs, muffins, jam, etc.
- To secure your booking, you can quickly complete your booking yourself through our website by clicking on the “book here” button. Alternatively, you can email your special or alternative requests (Romantic/Wellness packages, longer stays of 4 or more days, pets, special requests) to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the ‘Make an inquiry’ button and include your details. We will return a quote with an online booking form which is simple to complete and return if you choose to sample our mountain-top paradise. All of your details are kept as strictly confidential and this method assists those in booking ahead without worrying about paying up front.
- We promote and encourage all of our guests to have an incredible experience as long as it does not impact upon other guests having an equally positive stay.
- ALAYA is an LGBT friendly retreat
- ALAYA has been designed as a secluded escape for adults, however, children may be considered depending on bookings and other factors. Each inquiry MUST be discussed with the owner prior to booking.
- ALAYA is a pet friendly retreat, however, stringent expectations and additional charges will apply. Each inquiry MUST be discussed with the owner prior to booking. We are animal lovers, however, we also reserve the right to reject any request that we feel is not in the best interest of our retreat and/or other guests’ stays. Please inquire further.
- Our stays are a 2-night minimum.
- Surcharges – $50 pp/night for additional guests over the allocated 2 for each bungalow. Please contact for more information.
- $50 fee for use of additional linen in 2nd bedroom of bungalow (2 people using both bedrooms)
- Keys will be left in the door for arrivals
- An honour system is in place for purchase of drinks and borrowing books. Books to be returned and bill finalised before departure.
- Smoking is strictly for outdoors only. Significant charges may apply should smoking take place inside our bungalows, including re-painting, roller blinds, mats, linen and anything else that may be affected adversely. We advocate for people to have the right to smoke, but, we also want to maintain the integrity and quality of our property as a priority.
- Massages available in your room (2 x 45 mins our most popular).
- Gift hampers can be left in your room for your arrival for that extra special touch.
Alaya Escape has been designed to reflect the way that life could be lived and choices are present to do and have a lot or to simplify and do nothing (No – Thing) at all. We offer a range of extras and luxuries that can help you to have an amazing experience and assist in racharging you physically, emotionally and psychologically back to balance.
20160930_121655 From our incredible dinner packages and select Margaret River wines, to our cheese platters, gift hampers and craft beers at our self-service bar, you can indulge your taste buds here as well. To rid yourself of the stress and aches and pains, take a look at our massages for 2 that are sure to please. Mountain bikes are also available if you want to explore the mountain paths with a little more speed (and daring!). For those looking for personnal development, a range of physical and psychological therapies are available including Reiki, Hypnotherapy, EFT, psychology and counselling/life coaching interventions, as well as many more.